Career & Technical Education Team Mission and Purpose
The Career and Technical Education Team provides leadership, service and connections to prepare individuals for a wide range of careers that reflect the contemporary workplace.
Career and Technical Education Team's Commitment to Quality
As a service to the citizens of Wisconsin, we will:
- Support local schools in building the foundations for quality career and technical education programs with a focus on creating a skilled, knowledgeable, and productive future workforce.
- Expand and enhance the quality of Career and Technical Education for all learners, including but not limited to educator professional development, educational research and inquiry, curriculum development, and student leadership.
- Foster and support the creation of linkages among partners such as students, parents, community members, business, industry and labor, and professional organizations.
- Provide quality resources to educators and students that improve classroom learning.
- Communicate educational issues to schools and communities.
- Support student-led organizations that demonstrate academic achievement, technical skills, leadership, and strong community building and productive citizenship.
The purpose of the Career and Technical Education
Team is to provide quality services to school districts. A few of the services provided are:
- coordination and implementation of the Carl Perkins federal CTE funds,
- coordination of state certified Cooperative Education Programs,
- coordination of the state CTE student organizations,
- state leadership for curriculum alignment between secondary and post-secondary,
- management of the federal office of Civil Rights Regulations,
- support for local, state, and national teacher professional development opportunities,
- coordination of the state superintendent's advisory committees for CTE,
- development of professional curriculum resources,
- serve as liaisons to state and national professional organizations and university programs,
- assist with teacher preparation and certification, and
- serve as a clearinghouse for educational information and guidance.