Career Clusters are broad occupational groupings...an organizing tool defining education for post-secondary education and careers using 16 broad clusters of occupations and 79 pathways with validated standards that ensure opportunities for all students regardless of their career goals and interests.
Office Operations Associate
Career Clusters are a tool for a seamless educational system that:
- blends rigorous academic/technical preparation
- provides career development
- offers options for students to experience all aspects of a business or industry
- facilitates/assists students and educators with ongoing transitions
- provide a framework for continuing contemporary, high-quality programs
- provide a framework for seamless education
- provide more career options for students
- provide a framework for organizing and reorganizing the delivery of career and technical education and needed 21st Century Skills
- provide understanding of knowledge and skill transfer and verification of qualification
Career Cluster Framework
The cluster/pathway framework supports ongoing efforts to move from vocational education to career and technical education.
- Cluster Core Level--Skills and knowledge all students need within the cluster
- Pathway Level--Skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a full range of career opportunities within a pathway
- Career Specialties--Represents the full range of career opportunities within each path
A career pathway is a coherent, articulated sequence of rigorous academic and career related courses, commencing in ninth grade and leading to an associate degree, and/or an industry-recognized certificate or licensure, and/or a baccalaureate and beyond. A career pathway...
- is developed, implemented and maintained in partnership among secondary and postsecondary education, business, and employers.
- is available to all students, including adult learners, and designed to lead to rewarding careers.
- training for specific jobs or occupations
- knowledge and skill statements for this level would be created by industry standards and verified by business and industry representatives
- Represents the full range of career opportunities within each path